Retiring my Jacks Yak 1

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Steve Menicucci
    Participant

I bought my first (and only) IK, used, from Lee back in ’98. It is a Jacks Plastic Welding Jacks Yak 1 which turned out to be a tough and durable little boat with countless river miles on it. I had done some repairs and made modifications over the years, but, have decided to retire it as it has required to much upkeep. However, I’d love to give it to someone who might be able to either overhaul it or salvage it for IK parts. I know Jack hasn’t been making any IKs for quite a while, but, I just can’t see sending it to the landfill. Any suggestions out there?

Tres Jones
    Participant

Hey Steve,

I would take it off your hands. I have an NRS IK, and have been looking for another one to be able to take more people out on the Arkansas River here in Salida, CO. What exactly does it need to be functional?

Steve Menicucci
    Participant

Hello Tres:
    This Jack’s Yak I is needing to have a complete check-over for pinhole/small leaks due to its age and the amount of wear on it. It has an I-Beam floor which appears to be holding air pretty well and not having any valve (Halkey-Roberts) leaking as I sealed up the seam on the side of this real well several years ago. The main problems are just keeping up with all of the little leaks that seem to be developing on the 2 main tubes. The valves may also need some cleaning. If you happen to be in the Sacramento area in the coming months, I’d be happy to give it to you for free. As you are in Colorado, I had no plans to be out that way this year (didn’t get a Yampa permit this year). I can also be reached at (650) 422-2450 if you want to talk directly to me.
    Steve

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi I am in Sacramento, do you still have the yak?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.