Comments Reviews on theboatpeople.com Raft Cataraft Inflatable Kayak Products and Service › Forums › Environmental News › Most Endangered Rivers in America
Tagged: Endangered Rivers in America
April 14, 2015 at 6:37 pm #2352Lee Arbach TBPKeymaster
1.Colorado River in the Grand Canyon. A proposed industrial-scale construction project threaten the Grand Canyon’s wild nature and unique experience that belongs to every American.
2. Columbia River. Outdated dam operations are putting healthy runs of salmon and other fisheries at risk.
3. Holston River. Toxic chemicals from the Holston Army Ammunition Plant are putting local water supplies and the community’s health at risk.
4. Smith River. A proposed copper mine could harm a nationally-renowned wild trout fishery.
5. Edisto River. Excessive agricultural water withdrawals are putting water supply, water quality, fish and wildlife habitat, and recreation at risk.
6. Chuitna River. A proposed mine threatens to destroy 30 square miles of irreplaceable wild river habitat.
7. Rogue-Smith Rivers. Strip mining, road construction, and metal processing would devastate this fragile, precious wild area.
8. St Louis River. Mining could destroy or degrade thousands of square miles of pristine forested wetlands and streams.
9. Harpeth River. Sewage pollution and water withdrawals are putting clean water, fish and wildlife, and recreation at risk.
10. Pearl River. A new dam threatens to ruin healthy wetlands and wildlife habitat
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.