Comments Reviews on theboatpeople.com Raft Cataraft Inflatable Kayak Products and Service › Forums › Comment on Products › Inflatable Kayaks Whitewater › AIRE › AIRE BAKraft › AIRE BAKraft Raft or IK
Tagged: AIRE BAKraft Inflatable Kayak
- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 7 years, 10 months ago by Lee Arbach TBP.
May 1, 2015 at 7:54 pm #2445Lee Arbach TBPKeymaster
AIRE BAKraft hybrid raft kayak paddled like an inflatable kayak. Is it an inflatable kayak or a raft? Let’s all buy one and find out! LOL! It looks cute and fun. Reminds me of taking the Innova Junior down Class III and IV in Taiwan! Yipee!
Inflated floor with drain pockets that drains quickly and efficiently. This design also adds hull rigidity from bow to stern. This stiff I-beam floor creates a 4.5” solid cushion between you and the rocks and water beneath.
By taking the traditional inflatable kayak and making it shorter and rounder, we’ve gained the storability and lightness of a pack raft, but kept the sleek aerodynamic qualities that make a kayak slice effortlessly through both rough and calm water.
Even though other valve types may be lighter, we’ve refused to compromise on valve style or quality. Using the same valves you’d see on a full size raft, inflation time, deflation time and durability are non-negotiable.
Ultra Light Weight:
The BAKraft is the lightest self-bailing pack raft on the market. A proprietary Dyneema and Sprectra support fabric shell is tough yet light, providing strength 10x that of quality steel of equal weight. Using this American made fabric, we’ve been able to add durability to this light, yet strong shell.
A 100% air tight urethane bladder provides superior air retention (0% loss over 48 hours when tested). Two layers provides backcountry confidence through added durability. If you do happen to puncture both layers, this system also lends to easier in field repairs; just unzip to expose the urethane bladder, stick on the patch and go.
Inflation bag / seat / storgage bag combo
Top off hand pump
- Length: 7′
- Width: 39″
- Tube Diameter: 12.5″
- Bow River x Stern Rise: 10″
- Weight: To Be Determined
- Load Capacity: up to 350 pounds
- 2″ Waterline: 56
- Aire Chambers: 2
- AIREcell Material: Urethane
- Fabric Denier x Material Weight: Spectra & Dyneema
- Seam Construction: Sewn
- Valve: Summit II
- Warranty: 3 Year Limited
- This topic was modified 7 years, 10 months ago by Lee Arbach TBP.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)