The Duck

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Matthew Lit
    Participant

These are of a boat you guys sold many years ago. It’s been a bomber River craft…it’s turns on a dime, it’s bomber solid and stable. Yes, it’s death in a headwind, but with how solid it is, I’ve been able to use it for a swift-water rescue (raft lodged on rocks midstream).

Matt in Colorado

Lee Arbach TBP
    Keymaster

matthew, do you have anymore vintage shots like this? this sure is a really good high quality pic! if you have more i can make your own gallery with a menu. if not, i have to think how i’m going to handle it when a user posts one image. (and i have to do with the wordpress plugins that i’ve been given not necessarily how i’d like to do it. the darn photo gallery does NOT allow text on individual pics so i can’t lump everyone’s images into one gallery, i couldn’t credit who sent them, location, dates… i don’t know how to handle this! and PS, i’m Lee S, Lee A’s webslave!

Lee Arbach TBP
    Keymaster

Thanks for that post Matthew! I’m glad the old Momentum is still holding up well. The material was certainly heavy enough to build a sherman tank with!
    Grabner Inflatable over in Austria still makes some boats that look like this, but they want about $3,000 or more for them.
    Cheers!
    Lee A.

Matthew Lit
    Participant

Thanks for the comments and nice to meet you Lee S. We’ve been slathering it in 303 at the end of each season. By the way…I didn’t mean to post these in Vintage Photos category! Is there a category for just regular old photos?

And good question on the wordpress thing…I know just enough to get myself in trouble. Have you looked at how http://www.mountainbuzz.com/ handles it? Just curious.

As for the vintage pics…I do shoot with a Holga Toy Camera and it creates a pretty old-school looking image. Check out my blog and search “holga” – just posted some stuff from summer trips on Upper Colorado.

Lee Arbach TBP
    Keymaster

matthew, did you post so quickly because you got an email notification that i replied to your post? or was this just coincidence?

i made a forum
    Comment on Products > Inflatable Kayaks Whitewater > Others
    the place which i designed them to go. i’m thinking in a box.
    https://theboatpeople.org/forums/forum/comment-on-products/inflatable-kayaks-whitewater/

now i can see you see
    Creating Your Own Photo and Video Galleries
    and that sounds like a more logical place to post just an image. now i’m getting a headache thinking about this! you’re not “Comment on Products” you just want to post a pic. i don’t know how to change the wording/forum. i don’t want to put too much text up! hmmm.

Matthew Lit
    Participant

Yup…received notification and it seemed like a good opportunity to procrastinate on grading student exams!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.